If you have been following our past posts here and here, then you already have your calendars marked for mini Maker Faire Vancouver on June 25th and 26th, 2011 at the Great Northern Way campus. Are you a maker? If so, they want you! Maker Faire Vancouver is looking for lots and lots of crafts and crafters! Deadline for applications is March 17th, so follow this link to read the full details.
The event takes place over two days, but there is no need to commit to the entire weekend. You can apply either to simply show off your stuff and chat with people about how you do it (science-fair style) or you can apply for a commercial booth where you can sell your wares (craft-fair style).
In the words of Kim Werker from the planning committee...
Maker Faire began a few years ago outside of San Francisco, put on by the folks behind Make and Craft magazines of O'Reilly Media. It's a MASSIVE event drawing 20,000 people. Makers demo their hacks, robots and other nifty creations, and there's always been a strong crafts component, too. We're doing a community-organized Faire.
Check out the website to purchase tickets, register as a maker and for more information!
Got Craft? Blog
Who we are
- lotus events inc.
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- lotus events inc. is an event management and wedding coordination company that specializes in the creation of truly unique and memorable events. From the overall concept to the production of the smallest detail, lotus events will plan, design and arrange your entire event experience.
- got craft :: spring show deadline
- van city kitty :: meet cleo
- hear ye :: call for makers!
- YVR :: things to do :: blim market
- Locomotive Clothing - feature #46
- inspire :: Hokey Stokes!
- happy valentine's!
- diy at indie i do
- finders keepers
- things to do :: Maker Faire Info Session
- inspire :: Isaac Salazar
- day trip :: love-a-fayre
- LHR :: things to do :: ephemera + love a fayre
- things to do :: Fill a Bag Sale!
- landed - london day 1
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2010 (199)
- ► 2009 (152)
- ► 2008 (74)